SAM’s Commitment to Research and Development
- Short term and long term research contracts
- Joint research projects with shared costs
- Partnerships with other small businesses and universities
- Collaborative research proposal submissions for SBIR, OTA, and other government grants
We believe that R&D is vital in order to stay ahead of competition. For this reason, SAM heavily invests in internal R&D and offers contract-based research services to its customers. Our technical team has a proven track record of transforming research projects into successful commercial applications. Please contact us today to discuss your application.
Our research focus areas include:
- Material development;
- New hardfacing alloys for Tool and Die applications;
- Additive Manufacturing of Aluminum alloys;
- Additive Manufacturing of Molds with Conformal cooling; and
- Optical design for laser heads.