Laser Processing for the Automotive Industry
Our services relevant to the automotive industry include:
- Laser heat treatment of tools and dies;
- Repair of large automotive dies;
- Tool reconfigurations;
- Hardfacing of forging and shear dies;
- 3D printing of conformal cooling dies ;
- Localized laser heat treatment of hot stamped parts; and
- Sheet metal laser cutting and stamping services.
Learn about laser heat treating
Die Reconfiguration Using 3D Printing
Previous model year dies can be reconfigured for use in subsequent years by adding new features with the use of laser additive manufacturing techniques. When printed in this way, new features retain the high hardness and metallurgical integrity of the original dies, when compared to the use of conventional welding techniques.
Trim Edge Hardfacing
Trim edges of tools and dies can be hardfaced for superior hardness and toughness. Variety of materials can be deposited on the tools for enhanced performance and durability.
Learn about Aerospace